Published Date: 23-12-2022
Sinergify plugin allows Jira users to sync Jira updates to Salesforce. With configurable syncing, the admin can decide what updates to be synced from Jira to Salesforce.
Jira Plugin Use Cases
1) Search and Link Salesforce Records
Step 1: Under your Jira record page, Select Sinergify.
Step 2: Select the link button as shown below, to link a record.
Step 3: A new window will open.
Step 4: Search Salesforce records by typing the appropriate keywords in the search field.
Step 5: Select the records that you want to link from available search results.
Step 6: Select Link.
Step 7: You will see the linked records within the Sinergify App Under the Specific Object. For. eg. Case, as shown below.
2) View Linked record details
Step 8: To view the linked record details, simply click the record.
Step 9: A new window will pop up. You can see the Salesforce record details and Comments.
Step 10: To Unlink a record, simply click on the unlink button.
Step 11: If there are multiple records linked to a specific Jira record, you can simply search within the Linked SF Records Pane.
Setup Plugin in Salesforce
Before we install the application in Jira, we need to create and set up a Connected App within Salesforce.
Step 1: From the Setup page in your Salesforce Org, enter ‘App Manager’ in the Quick Find box and click on it from the search results.
Step 2: Click New Connected App to create the app.
Step 3: In the Basic Information area of the page, specify the following information to describe the connected app:
- For the Connected app’s name, enter a name. For example, you can use Sinergify Jira.
- For the Connected app’s API name, which is a unique identifier used when referring to the app programmatically, just press Tab. The API name defaults to the connected app’s name, replacing spaces with underscores.
- For the Contact email, enter your email. Salesforce uses this contact information if they need to contact you about the connected app.
- For the Logo image URL, leave it blank.
- For the Icon URL, leave it blank.
- For the Info URL, leave it blank.
- For the Connected app’s description, enter Connected app to securely access Sinergify Jira Plugin.
Step 4: API (Enable OAuth Settings).
- In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) area of the page, select Enable OAuth Settings.
- Enter the callback URL that will be: JiraInstanceURL/plugins/servlet/ac/Sinergify.Sinergify/Authentication?s=Sinergify.Sinergify__Authentication
- Move ‘Full access’ and ‘Perform requests on your behalf at any time’ options from ‘Available OAuth Scopes’ to ‘Selected OAuth Scopes’.
Step 5: Leave any other settings as default and select Save.
Step 6: If the below pop up is visible, select Continue.
Step 7: Click Manage.
Step 8: Click Edit Policies.
Step 9: Under the OAuth Policies, select:
- Permitted Users - Admin approved users are pre-authorized.
- IP Relaxation - Relax IP restrictions.
- Refresh Token Policy - Refresh token is valid until revoked.
Step 10: Select Save.
Step 11: On the same page click Manage Profiles.
Step 12: Check the box(es) next to the profiles that you want to include and select Save.
Install and Setup Plugin in Jira
Step 1: Select Apps, under the drop-down menu select Find new apps in your Jira instance.
Step 2: Enter Sinergify in Search for apps input box and press enter.
Step 3: Select Sinergify under the results.
Step 4: Select Get App and the application will be installed in the background. Follow the below steps once the app is installed.
Step 1: Under the Apps drop-down, select Manage your apps.
Step 2: Select Authentication under the Sinergify sub-section on the left panel.
Step 3: Enter the Salesforce login instance URL along with the Client key(consumer key) and Client secret(consumer secret) of your connected app.
(You can now use the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret that you saved earlier in Connected App Setup, Step 6).
If it is a developer or production org then the URL will be https://login.salesforce.com, else the URL will be https://test.salesforce.com.
Step 4: Select Login to Salesforce. This will redirect you to the Salesforce login page. Type in your login credentials and Select Allow under Allow access pop up screen.
Step 5: If the authentication is successful Salesforce Status will change from "Not Connected" to "Connected".
Step 6: Select Next.
Under the configuration screen you will see the list of Salesforce objects available for configuration. Option to Search, link and View Salesforce record details will be applicable to those objects only.
Below are the steps to follow to enable Salesforce details on Jira
Step 1: Enable SF Record Linking: Enable/Disable the Salesforce detail component from the Jira Issue page
Step 2: Choose a Salesforce Object: Select the Salesforce object for which you want to Configure and then Select Configure Fields.
Step 3: Objects in the drop down will appear with respect to what you have configured in the Salesforce Sinergify Admin setting. A new screen will pop up with two tabs- Search and Details.
Search results will be pulled in Jira using the fields selected below. You can select max 5 fields. Search your Salesforce fields under Available Fields and then select the Checkbox. (Only Search Compatible fields are visible).
Salesforce object fields selected in this section will be used to show Salesforce record details on the Jira issue page. Search your Salesforce fields under ‘Available Fields’ and then select the Checkbox. Order of the fields will be displayed on the Jira page as per the selection order.
- Close the Popup window from the top right corner.
- Select Save and then Select Next.
Step 1: Mention the Project keys, separated by commas, if you want the event listener to work only for particular Projects, else leave it blank if you want it to work for all the project keys.
Step 2: Mention the Issue types, separated by commas, if you want the event listener to work only for particular Issue Types, else leave it blank if you want it to work for all the issue types.
Step 3: Enter the Instance number that is mentioned on the Sinergify admin screen in Salesforce.
Step 4: Click the Issue-related events for which the event listener should work.
Step 5: Click Save.
If you want to undo the changes and simply use the webhook, Please follow the below steps to uninstall the plugin from Jira Instance.
Step 1: Click on the Apps tab, under the drop-down menu click Manage your apps.
Step 2: Click on the Uninstall option under Sinergify app.